Skip to main content

Stuffed portobello

    This is a dish I always heard about, but have never actually had, until I made it myself for this blog.
    I love mushrooms, but if there's one thing this recipe introduced to me is a love for white bean puree.
   Overall, very good and hearty vegetarian dish.

Ingredients
    1 15 ounce can of drained white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
    2 tbs of olive oil, divided
    1 tbs of water
    1 tsp dried rosemary
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    1/4 tsp of salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
    1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
    1 medium red onion, finely chopped
    1 medium zucchini, finely chopped.
    1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese




Directions
    In a food processor, combine beans, one tbs of oil, water, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
    Processed until pureed.
    Place mushrooms on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 inches from heat, 6 to 8 minutes a side.
    In a small skillet saute pepper, onion, and zucchini in remaining oil.
    On portobellos, spread puree, then top with vegetable mixture. Top entire thing with cheese.
    Broil mushrooms again for 2 to 3 minutes.







Changes I made!
    I didn't make any, but the combination of the veggies and puree could easily be a solid side dish on its own.


This recipe is from Taste of Home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...