Skip to main content

Steak & Radicchio Caesar

     I am all about a steak salad. I grew up with beef straight from the farmer, and am very thankful I can eat more straight from the farmer steaks! When I try to come up with steak recipes on the healthier level, this "might" count as that.
    I will say the combination of the items together create one amazing bite.

Ingredients
     1 ounce of shaved Parmesan cheese
     3 tbs of shredded Parmesan cheese
     2 cloves of garlic
     1 tbs of Dijon mustard
     2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
     1 1/2 tsp of anchovy paste
     1 1/4 kosher salt, divided
     3/4 ground pepper, divided
     1/3 cup of olive oil
     12 ounce sirloin or flank steak
     1 small head of romaine
     1 head of radicchio
     4 cups of  arugula
     Small red onion
     Drained julienned sun dried tomatoes


Directions
   Combine shredded Parmesan cheese, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy pasta, 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper into blender.
    While mixing, pour in olive oil.
    Prepare steak to your liking.
    Chop up head of romaine, radicchio, arugula and chopped red onion.
    Divide salad, top of cut up steak.
    Top with shredded cheese and tomatoes.





Changes I Made!
     I used a flank steak for my salad, and pan seared it in olive oil.
     I was heavy handed with the tomatoes because I feel like they added the hint of sweetness this dish needs.

This recipe from 100 Perfect Pairings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...