Skip to main content

Willin' Fish Fillets

I eat a lot of fish. If you ask my coworkers, at least twice a month I have prepared fish to bring to work for my lunches, and this recipe was a new coating that I have never tried before, so I was super pumped take this recipe for a whirl. Plus it calls for wine, and I love cooking with wine.

Ingredients
     1 1/2 lb of fish
     Dry white wine
     Vegetable oil
     2 tbs of butter, melted
     3 tbs of lemon juice
     1 tbs of Dijon mustard
     1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
     1/2 tbs of paprika
     1/2 tbs of dill
     1/2 tps of salt
     1/4 tsp of black pepper


Directions
     Combine together butter, lemon juice and dijon mustard in a shallow bowl, and in a second shallow bowl combine breadcrumbs, paprika, dill, salt and pepper. 
      Brush butter mixture on fish, then drip in breadcrumb mix. 
      Heat 2 tbs of oil in nonstick pan, and place fish in the oil. 
      Cover pan and cook on medium to high heat, adding white wine to not burn the fish. 
      After about 5 minutes, flip fish and let them cook for another 5. 


Changes I made!
   My coating fell off really quickly, so I ended up using the coating as a sauce, and it came out delicious. 


This recipe comes from The Book Lover's Cook Book. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...