Skip to main content

Crispy English Potatoes

      I'm not going to lie, when I think of what made me watch Food Network non-stop, Barefoot Contessa was a big reason why.
     I love her.
     While I do not have access to handmade and home grown foods the way she does, I found this recipe to be delicious, which just proves that store bought is in fact just fine.

Ingredients
     2 1/2 lbs of gold potatoes
     Kosher Salt and black pepper
     3 ounces of pancetta, diced
     2 tbs of good olive oil
     1/2 cup of parsley, for garnish






Directions
     Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
     Cut potatoes into one inch chunks and place them in a large saucepan, preferable with two handles.
     Cover potatoes in water and add 1 tbs of salt.
     Cover pan and bring the water to a bowl.
     Uncover pan, and lower the heat, letting potatoes simmer for 10 minutes.
     Drain potatoes, and using a kitchen towel, grasp the pot with the lid on and shake potatoes vigorously.
     Meanwhile, 5 minutes before potatoes are done, place pancetta on sheet pan and roast for 5 minutes.
     Add drained potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix.
     Roast for 45 minutes, mixing every 15 to 20 minutes.
     Sprinkle with parsley.

Changes I made!
    I ditched the parsley, and completely loved this dish.



This recipe came from barefoot contessa foolproof.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...