Skip to main content

Veggie Tortellini Soup

    I've started a new cookbook! This time I'm going into Pioneer Woman's Come and Get It! book.
    I got this book for Christmas, and easily found dozens of recipes I want to try. Fun fact about my culinary history, when I was first out on my own trying to learn how to cook, I remember watching a Pioneer Woman episode, seeing a recipe I knew I could make and successfully made it.
    That recipe was egg in the hole, this one is veggie tortellini soup.

Ingredients
   8 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
Pre-cream mixture
   1 6 oz can of tomato paste
   1 10 ounce package of frozen mixed veggies
   1 9 oz package of fresh cheese tortellini
   1/2 cup of heavy cream
   1/2 tsp of parsley flakes
   1/2 tsp of dried basil


Directions
    In  a medium pot, bring the broth of a simmer, over medium heat.
    Add the tomato paste, and stir until it is well combined.
    Add the frozen veggies and return to liquid to a strong simmer.
    Add the tortellini and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
    Add the heavy cream and stir until everything is combined.
    Top with parsley basil and salt and pepper to taste.

Changes I Made!
    I would love for veggie mixes to not have peas in them! Despite that I do enjoy this recipe.
    I cooked my tortellini by package directions.
    Right before serving, I also dashed some Parmesan cheese on this.

This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman: Come and Get It! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...