Skip to main content

Tuscan Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner

     Sheet pan dinners are wonderful. Its the protein and sides all taken care of in one dish and its just a beautiful thing when you want to be a little lazier.
     There's so many sheet pan chicken dinners, that its nice to see one that mixes it up a little bit and have a good marinate.


Ingredients
    1 cup of olive oil
    1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
    5 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tsp of dried parsley flakes
    1 tsp of dried basil
    1 tsp of kosher salt
    1 tsp of black pepper
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    5 or 6 roma tomatoes
    1 lb of green beans
    2 tbs of fresh parsley

Directions
    In a bowl or pitcher, mix oil, vinegar and garlic.
    Add dried parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
    Put chicken in a large plastic zipper bag and pour half the mixture over it.
    Cut tomatoes in half and trim green beans.
    Put them in a large plastic bag and pour rest of mixture over them.
    Let them marinate for no more than 2 hours.
    Preheat the over to 425.
    Pour bags onto sheet pan, and roast for 25 minutes.
    Sprinkle fresh parsley the mixture and serve.


Changes I Made!
    The parsley at the end is not needed.
    Also I quartered the tomatoes to make it easier for eating.
    The cookbook also says you don't need to let the chicken and veggies marinate, and I call b-s on that. Let those flavors get together.

This recipe is from Pioneer Women: Come and Get it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...