Skip to main content

Spaghetti with Chicken & Zucchini

      I love chicken, pasta and zucchini, so any dish with all three in one makes me a very happy person. This also adds leeks, which I am not familiar with.
   
Ingredients 
    1 tsp of kosher salt
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
    2 medium leeks
    1 lb of spaghetti
    1 lb of zucchini, cut into 1 1/2 thick matchsticks
    Pinch of crushed red pepper
    1/4 cup of basil
    1/4 cup of Italian parsley
    1/2 cup of grated Grana Padano

Directions
    Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
    In a large skillet add 2 tbs of olive oil over medium-high heat.
    Season the chicken with salt and cook in oil. Toss for about 2-3 minutes until chicken is done cooking. Remove chicken from skillet.
    Lower heat to medium and add two more tablespoons of oil and saute leeks.
    While leeks are cooking add spaghetti to water.
    After 3 minutes, add zucchini, red crushed pepper and 1/2 tsp of salt to leeks.
    Cover skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
    Uncover and raise heat again to medium-high heat.
    Saute for another 3 minutes.
    Add back in chicken and 1/2 cup of pasta water.
    Once pasta is done, toss into skillet mixture, without draining.
    Add basil, parsley and cheese on top.

Changes I Made!
    Season your chicken however you want. I dashed some pepper as well as salt on it.
    Also I found the sauce does take a bit longer than the pasta, so you can hold off on that for a little bit. 

This recipe comes from Lidia's Celebrate Like an Italian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...