Skip to main content

Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast

     For this recipe, I brought friends over because I was very unsure about it, but I knew if I could woo my friends with it, it'd stick.
    The base of this is great, but know what herbs you like, because that can get you in some trouble when you show off a new dish, and they don't like one of the 5 herbs you are using.
    I did get to learn the fun skill of removing a bone from a chicken breast from this recipe.


Ingredients
     1 ruby grapefruit
     2 tbs golden balsamic vinegar
     1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
     1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
     1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, divided
     1 large head of butter lettuce
     1/2 cup of chives, divided
     1/2 cup of cilantro, divided
     1/2 cup of parsley leaves, divided
     1/2 cup of fresh mint, divided
     1/2 cup of spreadable goat cheese
     4 boneless chicken breast, with skin.


Directions
     Zest the grapefruit and set aside.
     Squeeze one tbs of grapefruit juice, and in a small bowl, mix the juice, vinegar, 1/2 tsp of salt, and half of the zest until salt dissolves, then add olive oil. Set aside.
     In a large bowl, mix lettuce, and half of the cilantro, parsley, chives and mint. Set aside.
     In a medium bowl, mix the remainder of the chopped herbs with goat cheese, left over grapefruit zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
     Remove tenders from chicken breast, and make a 1 1/2 inch cut into the chicken. With a small spoon, fill chicken with goat cheese mixture.
     In a large skillet, warm 2 tbs of olive oil, and add chicken skin down, cooking 6 minutes on each side, then cover loosely in foil for 5 minutes.
     Pour dressing over salad and serve.
   

Changes I Made!
     In my personal opinion, I'll need to cut back on the cilantro, it was over powering for my pallet.
    Also, the chicken did not cook all the way through, so I ended up putting the foil covered chicken in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.

This recipe comes from 100 Perfect Pairings.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...