Skip to main content

Chicken Piccata

   This dish is chicken and pasta, with a custom sauce, and it screams my name.

Ingredients
   4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
   Kosher salt and black pepper
   1/2 cup of all purpose flour
   4 tbs of butter
   4 tbs of olive oil
   1 cup of dry white wine or chicken broth
   3/4 cup of chicken broth
   Juice of 2 lemons
   1/2 cup of heavy cream
   1 tsp of chopped parsely
   1 lb of angel hair pasta, cooked by package directions

Directions
   Flatten chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
   Dredge chicken through flour and shake off excess.
   In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs of butter and 2 tbs of oil and fry 2 chicken breasts at a time.
   Fry 3 to 4 minutes each side.
   Repeat add butter and oil with next set of chicken and set done chicken aside.
   Pour wine, chicken broth and lemon juice.
   Whisk the sqauce together and add heavy cream.
   Let sauce thicken and then add parsley.
   Pour sauce over pasta and chicken.

Changes I Made!
   I made the sauce both only with wine and only with broth, and if you have a sweet wine opt for just broth.

                               This recipe comes from Pioneer Woman: Come and Get It!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...