Skip to main content

Grilled Summer Vegetable Quinoa Salad

   Summer is around the corner, and I need more reasons to use my grill pan. Grain salads are a staple in my diet in the summer months, so this fit the bill.

Ingredients
    1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
    1 small eggplant, unpeeled cut into 1 inch cubes
    1 medium bell pepper, seeding and cut into 1 inch squares
    1 medium zucchini, cut into half lengthwise, and across into 1/2 inch half moons
    1/4 cup of olive oil
    Kosher salt and pepper
    2 cups of quinoa, cooked according to package
    1 tbs of red wine vinegar
    1 tbs of lemon juice
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 tsp of red pepper flakes
    1/4 cup of cilantro

Directions
    In a large bow, toss together onion, eggplant, pepper, zucchini and olive oil.
    Heat  girl ban over medium heat. Cook vegetables one layer at a time, getting each piece slightly charred.
    Combine cooked veggies and quinoa in a large bowl.
    In a small bowl, mix 2 tbs of olive oil, vinegar, juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
    Toss dressing in salad.

Changes I Made!
    I nixed the cilantro in the dress, and added lime juice to the dressing.

This recipe comes from Cast Iron Nation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...