Skip to main content

Quinoa & Kale Stuffed Portobellos

   I am a fan of stuffed portobellos. You can take them wherever you want based on the filling. I did a pepper and chickpea stuffing earlier in this blog, and this portobello goes in a completely different direction.

Ingredients
   7 tbs of olive oil
   2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
   1 5 ounce box of baby kale
   1 tsp of kosher salt
   Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
   1 cup cooked quinoa
   1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
   1/2 cup of grated Grana Padano
   1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
   6 portobello mushrooms, scraped gills and remove stems
   1/2 cup of dry wine
   1/2 cup of chicken stock
   4 ounces of goat cheese, cut into slices


Directions
   Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
   In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs of oil and add garlic.
   When garlic starts to brown add kale, 1/4 tsp of salt, and crushed red pepper flakes.
   Cook kale down, for about 5 minutes.
   Let kale cool, squeeze out juices and coarsely chop.
   In a large bowl, combine kale, quinoa, bread crumbs, grated cheese and pine nuts.
   Season with salt and toss well.
   Stuff should be able to clump together when pressed in your fist, if not add oil.
   Toss mushrooms in 2 tbs of olive oil.
   Put the mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet.
   Fill each mushroom with filling.
   Pour wine and stock into pan.
   Tent pan with foil, and cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
   Take off foil, add slices of goat cheese and let the mushrooms cook for another 20 minutes.


Changes I Made!
   I had to use a cheaper more accessible cheese. Also this makes much more filling than for just 6 mushrooms, so be prepared for that.

        This recipe is from Celebrate Like an Italian. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...