Skip to main content

Drunken Rice Noodles

   I have been trying really hard to widen the foods I can make at home. I would gladly spend a bunch of money to have this dish delivered to my home, so being able to make this at home, brings a little joy to my heart.

Ingredients
    8 ounces of dried rice noodles
    1/4 cup of canola oil
    4 garlic cloves, chopped
    2 Thai chiles
    2 boneless pork chops, thinly sliced and marinated in soy sauce for 5 minutes
    2 tbs of sweet soy sauce
    2 tbs of soy sauce
    1 tbs of Thai fish sauce
    1 tbs of oyster sauce
    2 tbs of sugar
    1 tsp of white pepper
    1/2 cup of water
    1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
    1 cup of snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
    1 cup of basil leaves

Directions
   Soak noodles in warm water for 20 minutes, then drain
   Heat a 14 inch cast iron wok over medium high heat.
   Add the oil, and wait until hot before adding garlic and chiles.
   After the mixture is fragrant, add pork and cook through.
   Add noodles, both soy sauces, fish sauce, sugar, pepper and water, and cook until noodles are soft.
   Stir in peppers and snow peas until tender.
   Turn off heat and stir in basil.

Changes I Made!
   I had to make this without chiles, and my store only has one type of soy sauce.
   I also made this in a regular cast iron skillet, not a wok.

This recipe comes from Cast Iron Nation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfried Chicken

   Baked chicken is a staple in any house hold. The skin or crust for the chicken can make or break any meal. So I am on the hunt for better ways to make chicken. This one by Trisha Yearwood had some promise when I first read it. Ingredients     1 cup of buttermilk     1 tbs of hot sauce, I used Franks     1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs     3 tbs of Parmesan cheese     1 tbs of lemon zest     1 tsp of red pepper flakes     salt and pepper     4 chicken breasts, cut in half     1 lemon, quartered Directions       Preheat oven to 400.       In a small bowl, mix milk and hot sauce.       In a larger bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.       Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and then dip in milk combination.       Dredge chicken in panko crumbs after milk and lay ...

Penne alla Vodka

     For me, trying out new things is a must for this challenge, and new sauces is differently something I have found joy in.      Now the last sauce, also bought to you by Audrey at Home, but this one is so much more simpler and doesn't call for a hand mill. Ingredients     1/2 onion     pinch crushed red pepper flakes     5 1/2 tbs of unsalted butter     1 cup tomato puree     1/2 cup of good quality Russian vodka     1/2 cup of heavy cream     Sea Salt     1 lb of penne     1 ounce of parmigiano-reggiano Directions       In a large skillet saute onion and pepper flakes in butter, over medium heat.       Add tomato puree, reduce heat to low and cook for a few minutes.       Stir in vodka and cook down for 15 minutes.       Add cream.       Meanwhile, cook pasta. ...

Spaghetti Carbonana

     I love pasta, and I love mixing up how I serve pasta. I'm normally not a big spaghetti fan, might have to do with how Giada pronounces it on Food Network, not sure, but I really wanted to try this sauce.      This recipe also has pancetta in it, which is my favorite addition to a good pasta dish. Ingredients     1 lb of spaghetti     2 tbs of olive oil     4 ounces of pancetta, chopped     4 large eggs     1/2 cup of grated Parmesan     Salt and pepper for seasoning     3 tbs of parsley Directions     Cook spaghetti according to packaging.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add oil and pancetta.     Brown pancetta for about 3 to 4 minutes.     Meanwhile, mix together eggs and Parmesan. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.     Drain the excess grease off of pancetta.     Add...